WHO Should Go To DWI Education?
Al Wade, LPC trained in DWI Education, leads a comprehensive 12-hour program for people who want to:
- Increase your knowledge about alcohol and drugs and how they relate to driving skills.
- Identify you own individual drinking/drug use and driving patterns.
- Assist you in developing plans which will reduce the probability of future DWI behavior.
- Learn in a private, home-like atmosphere.
- Get your license returned.
WHAT Does DWI Education Cover?
This 3 day class focuses on:
- Alcohol/drug and traffic safety problems.
- Texas laws relating to DWI.
- Effects of alcohol/drugs on humans.
- Alcohol/drugs and driving task abilities.
- Chemical dependency.
- Symptoms of dependency.
- Sources of assistance.
- Costs of DWI.
WHEN Is The Class?
Acorn offers the class every 3rd Week of the Month. Our first class begins January 16th thru 18th 6 to 10 pm.
WHERE Do I go?
Acorn Counseling Education Services 1430 Robinson Road #430 Corinth, Texas 76210. We are centrally located in Denton County: minutes from Highland Village and Flower Mound via 2499, Denton and Lewisville via 35E.
WHY Would I Come?
This program assists you in identifying areas in your life that need work. You will learn how to determine if you or someone you love has a drinking problem and get resources to use or share. You’ll see you aren’t alone in this crisis time of your life and you’ll connect with a professional who can guide you in next steps, if you need it. And the reality is, if you have been stopped for DWI, this class helps you get your license returned.
HOW Do I Register?
Register for the DWI Education Program with Al Wade at 940-222-8703 ext 702 or email at [email protected]
Schedule an intake where all the details will be covered and a short assessment given to prepare for your class.
Registration closes 1 week prior to the class. Cost is $75.[Download not found]
Al also works with adolescents and adults with various issues. Typically, he can schedule a new client intake within the same week as contact is made. His experience as a manager, a husband, father and Deacon all combine into a very special person who can help in many different times of crisis and change.